Thursday, February 4, 2016

Patterns 4 Pirates {Me Hearties Dress} A Review




This dress really excited me when I saw the tester call for it. It was something right up Miss 12 year olds alley, or as she would say.. "this is totally my style!" and it was.

I recently got some Ponte online, that I was going to use for some pants for me but thought it would be perfect for this dress! 

The Dress is very simple to put together, I was surprised at how quickly it went together of course the use of my coverstitch for the binding made it even quicker. There is an option to use Fold Over Elastic (FOE) for the binding, but i'm not a fan of elastic or how it looks/feels.

Instructions are pretty straight forward, and go together how I would do it if I wasn't following  any instructions.

The version I went with was a size 12 with the the sweetheart bodice, short sleeves and I used stretch lace for the upper bodice and sleeves, Ponte for the bottom bodice and circle skirt, and bound the neck and sleeve hems with a black cotton/lycra. I also did a rolled hem on the skirt, you can leave it un-hemmed because, knits to fray!

The skirt is a full circle skirt, so it gives a lot of twirl factor and we all know how little girls love this!

Its very easy to dress this dress pattern up or down, all depends on your fabric choices and the combination you select.

The pattern features
- trimless pages (how much do I love those!)
- Letter and A4 printing
- Layers (a must have for patterns!)
- 3 sleeve lengths (short, 3/4 and long)
- 2 Skirt lengths (peplum, and dress length)

The dress also has a mummies version! I'll be adding that one to my collection so I can make some really sweet mummy and me dresses. Christmas Ideas already?

The Me Hearties Dress is $9.00 but currently on sale for $7.50. Head over to the P4P website and purchase your copy here: Me Hearties Dress






2 comments:

  1. I love this! Just bought this pattern for my daughter and was wondering what size to make her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go by measurements to get the right size. This is a straight size 12 on my girl :)

      Delete