Friday, April 24, 2015

Love Notions {Ladies Bluezette Pattern} A review

After being lucky enough to test the girls Bluezette by Love Notions, I instantly jumped at the chance to test out the Ladies version. This one has even MORE options then the girls one... just what us women want! something we can customise to suit our needs.

This one is part of Bundle up May sale! lots of amazing patterns in that bundle that I can't wait to get my hands on. Nothing like a bit of selfish sewing!

Now to the Pattern details...

Two bodice options, Slim fit and Blousey
Three sleeve lengths; Tank, Short and elbow 
Five skirt options; Tulip, Hi-low, Maxi, Gathered short and circle skirt.

The bodice can be fully lined, as is the skirt! which means you can use those pretty sheer fabrics like lace, chiffon ect.

This pattern has it all, Layers so you only have to print your size, no trim! for both US paper and AU, a lot of effort went into making sure that it worked for everyone! It makes the putting together this large pattern a breeze and its something I wish all designers would do!

This pattern taught me a few things I didn't know how to do before.. elastic casings and the buritto method for having that classy finish on the bodice, along with the understitching. It looks like something you buy right off the rack.. except it fits perfectly.

I especially love the option for the blousey bodice, perfect for hiding that not so perfect mummy tummy as a result of 4 kids, but at the same time doesn't look like your wearing a sack, The elastic waist really shows some definition and accentuates the figure that most clothes hide. You can adjust where it sits which is a bonus! either natural waist, up higher under the bust or down lower which really lets you get different looks out of just the one dress!

I loved the Tulip version I made so much that I had to made a second one and try the Maxi version, sadly I ran out of fabric for the bodice so I added the contrast panel at the back,, and I love it! It really ties the top and bottom in and I get compliments every time I wear it!



Size Small Blousey Bodice with Tulip Skirt
Size Small Blousey Bodice with Maxi Skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment