Friday, April 29, 2016

Love Notions {Summer Caye Pants} A Review


I've been a bit quiet lately, been swamped under customer orders, testing and life! that I forget to spend a few moment updating my blog with some of my sewing adventures! Then when Tami from Love Notions made the tester call for this one, I had to jumped at it. Even though its not something I would normally buy for myself, I took the opportunity to jump outside of my comfort zone and try something totally new to me. I've also been lucky enough to be selected to be a part of the Promo Team for Love Notions, which means not only do I get the pattern I test for free, but also a small payment to help cover the cost of fabric.

The testing process with Tami is always a learning experience, in fact the only pants I have ever made myself are these and the Sabrina Slims, i'm not sure if I would have made pants for myself otherwise! She makes sure we get the fit right, and her pattern shows us how to make sure we get that right fit removing those trouble spots that we might get in off the rack bought pants.

Here are some of the options we have! and like always with Love Notions patterns we have so many possibilities!

Girls Summer Caye Pants
  • Sizes 2T- 16 and 8P-16P
  • Shorts
    • 4" Inseam
    • 6" Inseam 
  • Capri Length
    • Normal Hem
    • Tulip Hem
    • Split Hem
  • Full Length
    • Normal Hem
    • Tulip Hem
    • Split Hem
  • Front Pockets
  • Back Pockets
  • Layered Pattern (print only the size/s you need)
  • Trimless Pattern (no need to trim the pages to tape!)

Size 5t Capri Length in Chambray Denim


Size 5T in Chambray Denim, pocket details


Womens Summer Caye Pants

  • Sizes 0-28
  • Palazzo or Wide Length legs
  • Shorts
    • 6" Inseam
    • 9" Inseam 
  • Capri Length
    • Normal Hem
    • Tulip Hem
    • Split Hem
  • Full Length
    • Normal Hem
    • Tulip Hem
    • Split Hem
  • Front Pockets
  • Back Pockets
  • Layered Pattern (print only the size/s you need)
  • Trimless Pattern (no need to trim the pages to tape!)
Ladies size 10 Palazzo width, Linen Long pants 
Ladies size 10 Palazzo width, Linen Long pants 
These pants will make a great summer pants/shorts but also a great transitional piece for your wardrobe. These ones are going into my wardrobe capsule, definitely need to make me a pair of the wide leg version in either a tencel or a chambray!

The pattern does work best when you use flowy fabrics that have beautiful drape, but many testers used even quilting cotton in the girls pattern especially and they still looked super cute! I also tested the size 2 for Miss 2, but sadly she is in that I refuse to let you take nice photos of me stage

You can Purchase the Girls pattern on Sale for $6.00, Ladies pattern on Sale for $7.00 and the Girls/Ladies Bundle on Sale for $12.00 at the Love Notions website. Check out the Love Notions Pattern Support Group on Facebook to see more of the testers creations, and its a great place to get some help when making any of her patterns.

Until Next time!



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pants. Thanks for the tips on fabric selections. I can't see wearing pants made of gauze.

    ReplyDelete